Discolouration of the skin, especially facial skin, is a problem faced by us all at least once in our lifetime. The term ‘pigmentation’ means colour. The discolouration of the skin is known as ‘’Skin Pigmentation”. Your skin gets its complexion from a special kind of cell called Melanin. When these cells get damaged or become infected, it leads to skin discolouration or hyperpigmentation. The skin gets darker due to the excess production of melanin in the body. Dark patches appear near the eyes, upper cheeks and the chin area. Some even get it on their forehead. Pigmentation is not a harmful disease but it can lead to loss of confidence. It is better use Homemade Remedies to Lighten Pigmentation at the onset, rather than it getting worse with time.
HYPERPIGMENTATION – WORST FORM OF PIGMENTATION
Further, hyperpigmentation is a condition where the skin becomes extremely dark. Sometimes hyperpigmentation can appear as brown, black, grey, red or pink spots or patches on the face or body. The main causes of this skin disorder are insulin resistance, endocrine diseases, drugs, pregnancy hormones etc. Heavy medications can also be one of the reasons for hyperpigmentation. Burns, acne, rashes, bruises, or other trauma or infection to the skin can cause it to produce more melanin and lead to dark spots.
Age spots or liver spots are common types of hyperpigmentation. The main types of hyperpigmentation are-
- Liver spots
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
In this article, we will look at some homemade remedies to heal this skin disorder.
THINGS TO AVOID IF YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM PIGMENTATION
Pigmentation is a skin disorder which makes the skin appear dark and dull. It can be avoided by using simple techniques in our day to day lives.
- Avoid the application of drastic chemical based medication in the area where you are facing the pigmentation problem. The chemicals in these medicines will ultimately disturb the cells and cause irritation leading to the multiplication of the damaged cells. This will lead to severe pigmentation problems.
- Avoid direct contact with the sunlight. The excruciating hot rays burn the sensitive cells of our skin leading to the rise of problems like hyperpigmentation, sunburn, acne etc.
- Use a hat whenever going out in the direct sun. A wide-brimmed hat would work well to shade your face and save it from the sun.
- Always apply SPF or a good sunscreen before going outside. It will save your sensitive cells from direct contact with the sun.
- Incorporation of vitamin C in the beauty routine is necessary if you are suffering from a pigmentation skin disorder. It is capable of neutralising free radicals and limiting the devastation caused by excessive sun exposure.
- Limit touching your skin as it causes infection to unravel.
- Limit the excess intake of soy, chickpeas and flax seed as they can trigger hyperpigmentation-causing hormones.
- Picking at scabs and spots may make it unpleasant. Picking at pus and pimples can spread the infection resulting in acne and hyperpigmentation.
- Avoid skin-lightening products to lighten the overall complexion. They have vital lightening agents such as bleach which will eventually make skin pigmentations or discolouration worse.
Remove Summer Tan and Pigmentation – Natural Remedies – Gust Chimes
HOMEMADE REMEDIES TO LIGHTEN PIGMENTATION
Homemade remedies are the best option you can choose when suffering from skin disorders as the commercial products based on chemical formulations will only make it worse. If you decide to use natural products, you will be saved from the brutal chemicals that would cause you nothing but trouble in the future. The homemade remedies you will switch to may take time to show results but they will surely be safe, permanent and healthy with zero side effects.
Alcohol Free Face Toner for Pigmentation
Take a bowl and squeeze half a lemon in it.
Now, add the juice of ripened tomato to it.
Add a Spoon of Aloe Vera Gel to the Mix
Add Half a Glass of Water
Mix all the ingredients well and pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
Use it twice a day after face wash. Both tomato and lemon are rich sources of vitamin C. This will work in lightening your cells naturally and reduce the pigmentation. Also, it will balance the discolouration.
Shop Green Tea, Lemon – Skin Brightening Face Toner – Mirah Belle
Homemade Vitamin C Scrub for Hyper Pigmentation
Take a bowl and add one teaspoon of used Green Tea bag into it.
Squeeze half a lemon into it.
Now add one tablespoon of raw honey.
All 2 Spoons of Curd to the Mix
Mix all the ingredients well.
Scrub gently on your skin for 3 to 5 minutes. Use it twice a week for best results.
Homemade Face Serum for Pigmentation
Take a container and add two tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel to it.
Now squeeze one whole lemon into it
Add two tablespoons of orange juice to the mixture and mix all three ingredients well.
This serum is full of vitamin C nutrients and will work on your pigmentation like no other. Apply it daily before going to bed.
Alternate Homemade Face Serum for Pigmentation
Add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar into a bowl.
Add two tablespoons of rose water into it and mix both ingredients well.
Apply it daily before going to bed.
Homemade Sandalwood Face pack for Pigmentation
Take a bowl and add one spoon of curd.
Now add one teaspoon of sandalwood powder to it.
Add one teaspoon of honey to the bowl
Add one tea spoon of cucumber and papaya juice. Mix it well.
Apply the pack and leave it for at least 10 minutes.
Wash it with normal water and use a clean towel. Yoghurt or Dahi is your best friend if you want to get rid of pigmentation. You can use this pack thrice a week for better results. This is one of the best Homemade Remedies to Lighten Pigmentation.
Homemade Red Lentil Face Pack for Pigmentation
Soak Masoor dal (red lentil) overnight in the water.
Add the soaked Masoor dal to a food processor and make a fine paste.
Pour one teaspoon of honey in it.
Add a Spoon of curd to the Mix.
Apply the pack and leave it for 10 minutes.
Wash it with regular tap water.
As the red lentils are rich in antioxidant properties, it is popular for treating spots and hyperpigmentation on the skin.
Pigmentation to the skin can be caused by various medications, can be genetic, prolonged exposure to the sun or over use of chemical based products and make up. It is best to stick to natural products while cleansing your skin as well as any remedies to lighten pigmentation. If your pigmentation does not lighten using the above methods even after 3 months, then it is best to see a doctor!
Buy Natural Skin Brightening Face Wash – Sulfate & Paraben Free (mirahbelle.com)